Collection Statement – Ticket Purchase and Event Organiser
(required under Australian Privacy Principle (“APP”) 5)
Uses of your personal information
If you are a ticket purchaser (Eventopia Customer), the primary purpose for which Eventopia is collecting your personal information is to provide you with ticketing services such as to process any ticket or other purchase you may have made with us, and to contact you if there is an event cancellation or change in event details, or for the replacement of lost tickets. If you are an event organiser (Eventopia Client), the primary purpose for which Eventopia is collecting your personal information is to provide you with the ticketing and other related services that you request from us.
You agree that we may also use your personal information for related secondary purposes including to:
- get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours, and how you interact with us in order to identify ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website or other services;
- manage your dealings with us as an Eventopia Customer or Client;
- if you are an Eventopia Customer, to allow venue operators and promoters of events for which you purchase tickets to use it for operational purposes and, with your consent, marketing and promotional purposes
- if you are an Eventopia Customer, to allow sponsors of events for which you purchase tickets to use it for operational purposes only, for example, to provide you with additional information about the event or venue that you are attending;
- for business research and development of new products and services;
- for the conduct of data analytics and predicting trends;
- display content and advertising (including in relation to tickets and events) that is customised to your interests, preferences & experiences, including through online targeted marketing, data and audience matching, and market segmentation activities.
- send marketing and promotional material about our products and/or services (or the products and/or services of our Related Bodies Corporate) that we believe you may be interested in;
- engage in marketing services in connection with the product and services we provide;
- fulfil purposes otherwise required/permitted by law (including the Privacy Act); and
If you don’t provide us with the personal information requested or the information provided is incorrect or incomplete, this could impact the level of service we are able to provide to you. For example if you are an Eventopia Customer, we may not be able to contact you in the case of an event cancellation or venue change.
Disclosures of your personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to the following organisations for the purposes described above (as well as otherwise permitted or required under Australian law):
- Eventopia’s Related Bodies Corporate (including Ticketek Pty Limited, TEG Rewards, and TEG Live);
- Eventopia’s agents and other third parties contractors who carry out functions for us (including but not limited to, hosting, email marketing and/or data processing providers);
- if you are an Eventopia Customer, venue operators and promoters of events for which you purchase tickets;
- if you are an Eventopia Customer, to sponsors for operational purposes only;
- if you are an Eventopia Client, to venue operators where this is necessary to provide you with our ticketing services; and
Disclosures of your personal information to overseas recipients
Some recipients to whom we disclose your personal information may be based overseas, most likely in the USA and New Zealand although the countries where such recipients are located may vary. For example, the personal information we collect via www.eventopia.co is stored by Flavorus Inc. (who supply the Eventopia ticketing software) on its servers located in the United States of America.
By accepting this Collection Statement, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to overseas recipients.
- how you may access or correct any of your personal information collected by Eventopia; and
- how you may lodge a complaint with Eventopia for a breach of any APP or APP code, and how Eventopia will action such complaint.
If you have any queries, concerns or other questions regarding Eventopia’s collection of your personal information, please contact Eventopia’s Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated 21 January 2016