We Respect Your Privacy
Eventopia is an online service (operated by Eventopia Pty Ltd ABN 11 151 324 382) which provides tickets to events on behalf of the person or entity responsible for organising the event (Service).
At Eventopia the security of personal information that we collect is of utmost importance to us.
What kinds of personal information does Eventopia collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
- credit card details, if you make a purchase with us;
- your Eventopia username;
- any preferences that you select; and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How does Eventopia collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
- register to use the Service as a person or organisation responsible for an event (Event Organiser);
- register to use the Service or sign in as a ‘guest’ to purchase or obtain a ticket to an event through the Site, or when you purchase or obtain a ticket to an event at an event box office (Customer);
- participate in a Eventopia survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign, for example, signing up for an event waitlist;
- indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from Eventopia;
- make an inquiry or a complaint;
- have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
Sometimes we collect personal information about you from other sources, for example:
- our related companies which include TEG Rewards Pty Ltd and other TEG Pty Limited (TEG) group companies;
- if you log in to the Service via your Facebook account, we may access and use your public profile, friend list and your email address;
- people making a purchase on your behalf; and
- third party suppliers and contractors who assist us to operate our business.
Also, from time to time Eventopia collects personal information about individuals who are not customers. This is usually where we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in a government agency or company with whom we deal. Eventopia’s policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the main business purpose for which it was collected.
How does Eventopia hold personal information?
Eventopia may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about you, including information that we receive from third parties. We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
All our employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by Eventopia as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required to use a login and password when accessing Eventopia systems and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
What are the purposes for which Eventopia may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Generally, Eventopia only uses personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which Eventopia collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
- if you are a Customer, to process and fulfil your ticket booking; and so that we or the Event Organiser can contact you in the case of an event cancellation or change in other details for an event (such as a new start time);
- if you are an Event Organiser, so that we can provide you with the ticketing and other related services you have requested from us;
- to assist in identifying ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website or other services;
- so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
- to allow our related companies from the TEG group to promote their products and services to you and those of their partners;
- if you are a Customer, so that Event Organisers of events for which you purchase tickets can use it for operational purposes and, in some cases, marketing and promotional purposes (please see “Who might Eventopia disclose my personal information to?” for further information);
- detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorised ticket onselling;
- for business research and development of new products and services;
- to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or our partners run;
- displaying content and advertising that are customised to your interests, preferences and experiences;
- verifying your identity;
- so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information but we will tell you about these at the point of collection.
Direct Marketing and Research
As set out above, Eventopia may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. However, you can manage your Eventopia communication preferences and opt out or by contacting our Privacy Officer; In addition, the marketing communications that we send you contains information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
You can also tell us at any time if you do not want us to disclose your details to other organisations such as our related companies or third parties for marketing purposes. To do this, you just need to contact our Privacy Officer.
Sometimes Eventopia extracts information from our collected records to produce aggregated data. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. Eventopia uses the aggregated data for research purposes and may share the data with third parties.
By connecting to the Service through Facebook, you are authorising Eventopia to access and use certain information from your social network public profile such as your profile name, friend list and email address. When you purchase a ticket we will invite you to opt-in to allow Eventopia to post to your Facebook wall on your behalf and to receive marketing communications from the relevant Event Organiser/Venue.
Who might Eventopia disclose my personal information to?
Eventopia may disclose your personal information:
- to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you. Eventopia may disclose your personal information to third party contractors and service providers who, for example, help us operate our computer systems, send out our mail/email and clean collected data.
- if you are a Customer, to Event Organisers of events for which you purchase tickets. Eventopia discloses your personal information to such organisations for operational purposes and also because from time to time they may choose to provide you with information about their future events by ordinary post. If you consent, these organisations may use this information to provide you with promotional and marketing material about their future events via email. You may change your preference to receive email marketing at any time directly with the organisations which have obtained your information. If you do not have their details, you can contact Eventopia’s Privacy Officer directly;
- to other TEG group companies and their contractors (such as data management providers). TEG group companies include the Ticketek, TEG Live, TEG Rewards and any entities that may in future become part of the TEG group of companies or in whichTEG may have an interest. Eventopia may disclose your personal information to these entities for the purposes of, for example, ensuring that information collected is accurate, complete and up-to-date, producing anonymised and aggregated information for the benefit of other TEG companies, and enabling us and other TEG companies to better understand and meet your needs and interests.
Otherwise, Eventopia will only disclose your personal information:
- where we are required to do so by law;
- if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); or
- if you have consented to the disclosure.
Does Eventopia disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
Some of the recipients to whom we disclose personal information may be located overseas, most likely in the United States of America and New Zealand although the countries where such recipients are located may vary. For example, the personal information we collect via www.eventopia.co is stored by Flavorus Inc. (who supply the Eventopia ticketing software) on its servers located in the United States of America.
What happens if Eventopia does not collect my personal information?
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will give you the option of not providing personal information, or of using a pseudonym, when you deal with Eventopia.
However, if we do not collect personal information about you at the point of sale or when you interact with us, this could impact the level of service we can provide to you, for example, we will not be able to contact you in the case of an event cancellation or venue change or we may not be able to properly respond to your inquiry or investigate your complaint, or fully process your transaction.
Cookies, Tracking and Advertising
Eventopia has relationships with other companies that we allow to place advertisements on our web pages. If you visit our Site, advertisement server companies may collect information such as your IP address and clickstream information.
Sometimes our Site contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. For example, our Site contains links to the PayPal website which allows us to provide you with a convenient payment option. When you access a non-Eventopia website, please understand that Eventopia is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Access and Correction
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to request access to the personal information that Eventopia holds about you and seek its correction. If you are have an Eventopia account, you are able to access or correct some of your personal information by logging onto our website (www.eventopia.co). If you do not have an Eventopia account, so that your request reaches the right person, please send it our Privacy Officer. Please include your contact details such as email address and telephone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver’s licence or passport. We will not charge you for making such a request but will let you know if there is a cost for supplying you with access to or correcting the personal information. We aim to respond to requests for access or correction within 30 days. There are certain situations under the Australian Privacy Principles where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information, but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.
Complaints and how to contact our Privacy Officer
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted by:
- by e-mail at [email protected]
- by facsimile on (02) 9266 4244
- by letter to GPO Box 1610, Sydney NSW 2001
We will always endeavour to investigate your complaint and respond to you as soon as practicable after receipt, generally within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Last updated 19 August 2015